Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"And now, kicking ass and taking minds, it's Mentok, the Mind-taker!"

I had my first trial today. I was only a little nervous, but it faded away completely when I walked into the courtroom. I was arguing and objecting and cross-examining just like always. It was a load of fun.

I love this job. I love suing people, I love sending threatening letters, I love arguing with other attorneys, I love picking apart pleadings, and I especially love going to court. The only thing that would make it more rewarding is more money.

The irony of today's hearing is that while I feel that I did a good job defending my client, my professional judgment is that he'll probably still have to pay the fine. Unfortunately, I don't find out for at least 3 months. Nuts.

[Editor's note: I won.]

No comments: